Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Rachel Maddow And Drift

Just in case you didn't know MSNBC's Rachel Maddow has a book out titled Drift: The Unmooring Of American Military Power which takes a look at something as she talked about in an interview on Meet The Press this past Sunday that has become problematic for her for many years, how we as a nation have become almost numb to the idea of going to war.

With Maddow's scholarly background I've been waiting for her to put pen to paper and write about something. Heck she could have written about fishing on Cape Cod and I'd look forward to reading the book. But myself being a history buff and in particular nations at war she picked the right topic for this writer to read.

I'll be picking up a copy later this week and look forward to the read. Usually I don't do reviews of books as a part of this blog, although I did once a couple of years ago about the book Wander The Rainbow written by David Jedeiken, nor do I promote books but this being written by Maddow and the subject matter I'm happy to do so.

Maddow will be doing a book tour starting tomorrow, Thursday March 29. A listing of tour dates you can find here at The Maddow Blog. I know we don't have as many disposable shekels these days but perhaps you could use part of your "happy times" allowance for April to buy Maddow's book. After all she is one of us and it's a good thing to spend money on parts the Rainbow.

New York Times book review of Drift: The Unmooring Of American Military Power.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...