Monday, May 6, 2013

"Your Husband Wants To Be A Girl"

I haven't watched Cheers since it went off the air.

Watching it once was enough for me so no constant watching reruns as I do other TV shows.

Needless to say it's been a long time since I've listened to the complete Cheers song until this afternoon when I posted it in a comment on a fellow FBer ... and aghast what did I hear which I had forgotten all these years.

"and your husband wants to be a girl".

WHAT !?! OMFG !! GOOD GOLLY MISS MOLLY !! and let me clutch my low hanging pearls .. and they do too thank you very large.

I know I'm sometimes slow on the uptake but I don't ever remember the TGers nor GLAAD raise a stink (as in bullshit) over that line in the song even though it wasn't part of the intro to the show.

Of course if the show were trying to get on the air today there would be all kinds of uproar and outrage.

Perhaps one of you readers should notify them about this affront to all ladies with a bit more between their legs and the Gay Mafia so they can do one of their silly protests.

After all the show is in syndication and don't forget about de homo episode where Norm gets lip assaulted by two queers.

Ah the good old days of TV ... when nary a peep was raised and no one clutched their pearls when things were done in good fun ... and most people had a sense of humor very much unlike today.

If the show was filmed today the set would have to include a gender neutral restroom.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...