Thursday, July 12, 2012

Anderson Cooper's Wedding

Well it didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that once our beloved Anderson Cooper came out he would be foder for all kinds of speculation on his this and that. May have been a good reason to "quietly stay in the closet".

So it is that today rumors are flying that Coop is getting married to his BF possibly as early as Labor Day weekend.

This according to (as well as others) The Daily Mail in the UK.

Cooper, 45, is now planning to marry his boyfriend Ben Maisani, whom he has been dating since at least 2009, in New York City later this year, the National Enquirer reported.

'He'd been considering breaking the news [about being gay] since same-sex marriage became legal in the state of New York last summer,' a source told the Enquirer.

Oh the National Enquirer ... well then it must be true ... NUTZ !

Now for all you miscreants who have been yelling for years for Coop to come out can you blame him for not wanting to ?

No ya'll don't give a rat's boo-de-aye for Coop or any other media person or celeb just as long as you get your way in having another poster boy or gal.

Whether he will or won't is up to him to announce not rags like the Enquirer.

But then the fat ladies waiting to check out in grocery lines do need something to read while waiting to ring up their twinkies and other assorted fat producing foods purchasing them of course with food stamps.

Hopefully all this will just be another footnote in The Ridiculist.

BTW I have great sympathy for Coop and others who "lose it" and get the giggles while on the air. It happened to me more than a couple of times while in radio.

The worst was one day while I was doing the morning sports report our news director went into the next studio and "mooned" me.

Well that's all it took and the bastard in the control room wouldn't go to commercial as I kept indicating with my finger and of course he wouldn't kill the mic so for almost 5 minutes just like Coop I giggled like a 13 year old girl trying to read the sports .. NUTZ !!

This was all a setup because they knew it didn't take much to get me to laugh and in fact they had taken the "cough button" out of the booth which I didn't notice until I went to use it to kill the mic. The phone lines lite up like a Christmas tree.

Took me awhile to live that little episode of tomfoolery down. In fact if the truth be known all these many years later when I happen across someone here in Danbury who remembers me from my radio days do they bring up me winning an award from the Associated Press ?

No they talk about the day I giggled like a girl ... sigh.

The joy of being a "celeb" in local radio.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...