Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Staff Eggs Thomas Roberts

There's an old saying the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing. And that was proved today at the chagrin of MSNBC's Thomas Roberts.

It seems Roberts was to discuss the NOM debacle with Wayne Besen and former NOMer Maggie Gallagher. Besen was there ready to go but Gallagher wasn't.

Unfortunately at the beginning of the segment Roberts showed he can be a bit of an LGBT Elite himself when he said, "This empty studio chair was supposed to hold Maggie Gallagher, former president and co-founder of the National Organization for Marriage. But as you can see she is missing in action, although we did confirm an hour ago that she would be in that studio. I would say, 'Hello Maggie," but you're not there."

And of course the LGBT bloggingdum Elites had a field day with the No NOM Show. That is of course until they had to lick their proverbial behinds when Roberts tweeted the following and had to update their LOL @ NOM.

"correction. It was OUR booking mistake!"

"MYSTERY solved... @maggiemarriage was in a studio ready for our #nom interview it was just the wrong studio booked improperly on @msnbc_booking IT WAS OUR MISTAKE and she has an open invite for the show. Our sincerest apologies."

Believe me I can feel for Roberts as during my broadcasting days I've been in similar situations where through the fault of others I had egg running down my face during broadcasting snafu's.

However Roberts did himself no favor by being the pious Elite he seemed to be when calling out Gallagher.

As I use to say on some of my other blogs, sumbuddie iz gunna git a whoppin'.

H/T to NG Blog as I saw this broadcasting "pull the covers over my head" at his blog first.

Thomas Roberts' interview with former NOMer Maggie Gallagher TAKE 2.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...